Friday, January 18, 2008

Weekends

It’s 4:30 on a Friday afternoon. The week is almost at an end and the glorious weekend is practically a reality. I can nearly taste it...


I’ve lots to look forward to too. Tomorrow morning I shall be playing shop and pretending to be Brenda of Brenda’s Pets. She’ll be in about lunchtime if you have actual questions more complicated than “Can I buy some dogfood?”. She’s waiting in for a dryer repairman or some other utterly mundane task while I ruin, sorry run her business :)

Tomorrow evening I shall hopefully be joining an old friend to help celebrate her Birthday/ Leaving The Country For A New Job And Man party. And on Sunday I plan to walk the hounds somewhere muddy and see how many random passers-by we can terrify.

It all sounds good, doesn’t it? A nice weekend with a relaxing mix of things to do and places to go, friends to see and large hounds to walk. It was good until I, in all innocence, checked the daily feed of the Critical Junk Blog and discovered the heinous news. It’s too terrible for me to relay here. You’ll need to visit it yourself.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Heinous is a slight overstatement, as someone said this morning, how can you beat lyrics like

"We are invincible, God is the king,
We are invincible, and we will win!"

Quite.

Hazel said...

They've put hallucinogenic drugs in the aircon system of the Dublin City Council building haven't they?